Wednesday, November 15, 2006

At least I hope I do

Violin: I noticed today that even though I say I'm working on consistency, much of my practicing is still pretty much the same as what I always do, which just consists of playing things and trying to feel more comfortable. Actually finding a comfortable way to play a passage or a bow stroke, and then repeating that same exact movement over and over again is what I would like to be doing, but is very tedious. But that is probably due to the fact that I haven't done it very much at all. So I am going to continue trying to work on what I want to work on. Lord. An idea that helped me today was thinking about the thumb and fingers working together when I want relax or collapse my hand. Before, I would try to relax one or the other, without much success. I have to integrate the whole thing. Also, feeling like the hand always remained in the middle of the bow, vertically speaking, was helpful in maintaining balance. Damn, violin is a bitch.

Life: Although I have told myself this many times before, I always seem to forget its validity - drinking is bad. It just makes me feel like crap sooner or later. I went to get pizza for dinner and had a measly two beers, and then afterwards I went to practice and felt slightly nauseous and lightheaded. Not to mention tired. Drugs really have an effect on your system if you have been sober for a while. I can't really believe the diet I used to have, while still going to school. Well the result was that I had to cut my practice time short. Oh well.

Practice Time: 3 hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home