Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hopefully not the hard way

Violin: As I continued to work on the idea of making my bowing very consistent, it became clear to me how difficult it is to do. I think this happens with every new thing I try to do - the first few days are really frustrating. It takes so much concentration to do whatever it is I'm trying to do, that I can only keep it going for a few notes, before I easily fall back into something not as good. Today that happened a lot. By the end of the day, I started to feel that if I wasn't practicing with the consistency going, it wasn't worth practicing. I've never felt that way before about something. I think this has larger implications. I think it basically touches down on the sentiments expressed by my old teacher when he said that my bottom line was just too low. What I expect from every note I play needs to be much higher. Every bow, every finger, has to be carefully calculated. I am not afraid of losing my musicality doing this. It is necessary. I let way to much stuff get swept under the rug, and then when I go to perform, I slip on the rug and all the shit comes flying out. Or something. Well hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

Life: Found out today that the first thing I ordered from this shopping deals website works really poorly...at least that's what other people say who have already received it. Go figure. Well super cheap deals are cheap for a reason, and hopefully I learn this through a five or six dollar lesson and not a $400 one. Gotta keep your head up.

Practice Time: 3 hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home