Sunday, June 07, 2009

a new day

I first created this blog mostly to record my progress in violin. Since that has come to a standstill as I wait for my arms to heal, and because my injury has made me realize I was focusing on many of the wrong things, I'd like to spend some time now writing about my progress and experiences in life in a more general way. I should have acknowledged to myself a long time ago, given my clear lack of balance physically as well as mentally, that the path I was on, if you can call it that, was pretty flawed. But as usual, I ignored the DANGER: PRECIPITOUS FALL AHEAD signs and so my body has forced me to come around the hard way. I'm trying to listen to it now.

I'm not sure yet how attending a chamber music program in Canada fits into my general goal of recovering and finding balance. I'm hoping that the vacation-like atmosphere and the breathtaking scenery will give me a chance to relax and find some peace and inspiration. I also believe that being on the outside of this program will allow me to get some perspective on what my life would be like if I had never gotten injured. Perhaps I will find answers to questions like is this something I could do for my whole life? Is this me? Do I really connect with all this? Sometimes when you play a role for so long you forget what's you and what isn't. The hard part will start tomorrow, when everyone begins working and I am left to my own devices. Today I could still pretend.

Here's to believing in the good side of difficult times.
I am, after all, at a resort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home