Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Plan B

This week I am beginning a new program involving monetary incentive for practicing, since last week was clearly mostly a failure. Let us see how this week goes.

Violin: My practicing for yesterday went as follows:

2-3: Scales, etudes
Realized I focus too much on small individual movements and problems, and need to remember to think about the larger picture of playing being a full-body experience.

4:30-5:30: Mozart concerto introduction
Worked on tone production and tried to sound like a opera singer...without being a pain in the ass.

10-11: Mozart concerto exposition
Bow division and clarity are really important, as I tried to repeat sections after working on them to help cement what I had done.

Life: A drive to Seman Violins to return the chinrest and get my bow fixed as well as dinner with my dad's friends reduced my available practice time yesterday, so maybe I should rename this section "Anti-violin" instead of "Life."

Practice Time: 3 hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home