Friday, March 07, 2008

Getting ahead of yourself

Violin: Yesterday less was accomplished due to a number of factors. A lengthy nap as well as a trip to a violin shop resulted in only a couple hours of work. The first hour was again etudes and exercises and I ended up spending a considerable amount of time trying to listen to the partials and how my vibrato could bring them out. The second hour I spent again on Mozart but worked on the second page where on-the-string stokes mix with off-the-string and where everything needs to be decided upon for the music to actually sound like Mozart. Clearly I had planned on doing more, but other things came up...

Life: After my first hour of practicing I was overtaken by the need to take a nap. When I woke up I did the second hour. At that point, I decided to go this violin shop to look at pickups, thinking that I could practice more when I got home. Unfortunately that trip turned into a trip to see the other band members and talk about pickups and hang out and thus more practicing was never accomplished. Hopefully I can use Ravel's musical lifeforce as inspiration for today's work.

Practice Time: 2 hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home