Sunday, March 09, 2008

I'm blaming DST

Violin: This entry unfortunately includes the work (or lack thereof) of the past three days. On Friday I did three hours, working on etudes, Mozart, and Beethoven. I don't remember many details. On Saturday I only did two hours, one of Kreutzer and scales, and one of the Schumann Scherzo. Today I accomplished a measly one, on Mozart Symphony no. 39, mvt. 1. It was a good productive hour if that makes it any better...

Life: So you maybe wondering what the hell was I doing instead of practicing? Well, I wasn't sitting on my ass at least. On Friday I had a follow up appointment at Seman violins where I spent a while trying a few pickups and eventually buying an L.R. Baggs Radius pickup. I also got a new chinrest, which turned out to be too tall for my neck, as well as some earplugs. On Saturday I had arranged to have dinner with a friend and her husband and go to a concert with them. Aside from that taking up half of my Saturday it extended itself into the early afternoon today when I decided to stay at their place for the night. So I got back home at around 2, and soon had to leave again to go to a rehearsal with the band so that I could see whether the pickup was going to work or not. As it turned out, it seemed quite adequate and capable of making me performance ready. But I got home at 7:30, ate dinner, and only had time for, as I said, one measly hour of practice. What a waste of life I am!

Practice Time: 5 hours over 3 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home